Sunday, January 30, 2011

7 lives

It's said that a cat has SEVEN lives right??!
Well then....I too must have seven lives.
Am I a cat?  Well, some might argue that I am.
I mean...I could be considered a Cougar.
I am a BYU graduate and....sometimes I date younger men.

Well....I've died just about seven times.

1.  Once while living in Hawaii, I hitch-hiked to get home with my friend Marielle.  Turns out, we were picked up by a drug dealer. Probably not such a good idea.  I kinda feared for our lives.

2.  Crashed super hard wakeboarding.  I was afraid to open my eyes because I thought my eyeballs had popped out.  It hurt so bad.

3.  "The" breakup.  Seriously thought for a minute that I might die from a broken heart. Don't worry, I've found the missing pieces and I'm as good as new.

4.  My first triathlon.  I literally thought I was going to die during the swim.  The wet suit was constricting me and I didn't feel like a could breathe.  Thought I might suffocate.  Just about died right there in the water.

5.  Got a "last minute deal" on a hotel room in Rome.  Super sketchy.  Not only was I nervous about sleeping there for four nights but also leaving all of our belongings there while we went out for Thanksgiving dinner.  Crazy Americans!

6.  And most recently.....I thought I was having a heart attack.  I stayed up all night, nervous that I might have a heart defect because I was experiencing pain in my left shoulder.  Turns out I just had bicep tendinitis.  It had nothing to do with my heart!

AND....

Well...I guess that leaves me one more life to live.
Here's to 2011
And although I'm sure there will be plenty more breakups, sketching situations, scary people, hard crashes, and the last 5 miles of a race where I just don't think there is any way I am going to make it....
I am excited!!  Going to make it a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Those are so funny! I can't wait to see what 2011 brings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to the blogging world. I missed you. Shame I'm so old... I'd totally be cougared by you.

    Please live on.

    ReplyDelete